The above events are sponsored by DigitalTorch.net. Digital Torch is a web development and online consulting firm that helps individuals, for-profit companies, and non-profit organizations achieve greater effectiveness in online outreach and engagement.
Heritage Action Skills Clinic
When: Saturday, March 1, 2014 from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM (EST) Registration starts at 9am
Where: Indiana Wesleyan University – West Chester
9286 Shulze Drive West Chester, OH 45069
Are you tired of being frustrated with Congress and your elected officials?
You hold the key to change the course of our country. Let us show you how!
Our fun and informal Skills Clinic will teach you the nuts and bolts of how to take action and arm you with the information you need to amplify your voice in the ongoing battle to hold Congress accountable. You can make a difference even with your hectic schedule!
Our Skills Clinics are part of the Heritage Action Sentinel Program. We equip Sentinels to:
- KNOW the issues. We have the information you need to understand any policy issue.
- GROW their Activist skills and networks. We will work with you one on one.
- GO out and lead in their communities. You won’t be alone; we’ve got your back!
We understand your concerns and have put together this great program to help you engage in national politics in an effective and time-efficient manner. This will be a fantastic opportunity to interact with other concerned conservatives from your area and build your relationship with Stephanie Kreuz, your Heritage Action Regional Coordinator.
You will learn valuable skills necessary to help amplify your voice not only in Washington, D.C., but on a local level too! We’ll make sense out of the jumble of social media, give you strategies for meeting with and influencing your Congressman, and explain how the Heritage Action Sentinel program can benefit you!
What You will learn:
- Media Training: How to write an effective letter to the editor AND get it published.
- Online Training: Blogs, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Twitter Training: For new and advanced users! Get started, build and deploy a Twitter Army.
- Legislative Training: Using the Heritage Action Dashboard and other resources to Hold Congress Accountable. We will also cover how to arrange and plan an effective meeting with your Congressman.
Constitution Boot Camp IV
What: Saturday March 8th, 8:30am – 2pm
Where: Union Township Civic Center, 4350 Aicholtz Rd., Union Township, Ohio, 45245
Join Jim Lewis and John Hindery, local Constitution experts, for a one day Constitutional Boot Camp. Cost is $20 per person, lunch is included.
This class will include the following:
- How did the Founders view government ?
- Who were key influencers on the Founder’s thinking ?
- What is Natural Law ?
- What is the relationship between the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution ?
- What are the Federalist Papers ?
- What tools are available to assist you.
- How to read the Constitution.
- Much More
The cost of the class will be $20 per person. If you have more than one coming from the same family and only want one set of books, it will only be $5 for that additional person. This session would be appropriate for teenage students, we encourage you to have your young adult children & grandchildren attend !
Included in the $20 cost is a book on the Federalist Papers, a copy of the amazing book, the “5,000 Year Leap”, and a copy of “The Constitution Made Easy”. Everyone will get a notebook with the presentation and other selected papers for you to read and use as a reference.
To RSVP for this class please email your name(s), emails and phone numbers to Jim Lewis, you will then receive an acknowledgement email in return to confirm your reservation. Sign up now, seats are limited and if recent history is any indicator, they will be going fast !